Monday, May 2, 2011

4/24/11 NEWS FROM ROGERS HOOD


Hello Everyone!  Easter was good! nothing out of the ordinary.... Well i guess it was. Elder Herron can sing so we sang in the ward choir. The whole sacrament meeting was singing. only a 5 min talk at the beginning!
Now for those of you who don't know Koltn well, he DOESN'T sing..... 
so this was truly a magical moment!

So everything is good. I am the senior Comp in this companionship so things are more stressful BUT i get to do things a little more like i want to do them. And i don't mean to brag but we are starting to build things up in the area. We are getting more accomplished and teaching more lessons!
I ASKED FOR SOMETHING TO PUT IN THE WARD NEWSLETTER: 
 "Things are awesome out here in good ol' VA! I am loving the work and we sure are working. I miss everyone back in the home ward and they have been in my prayers! Members make a missionaries life a lot easier so go out and help those Full-Time Missionaries. I want to thank all of you that helped me get out here and have supported me throughout my life! It is finally starting to warm up out here(it is a little Humid, not like it is in beautiful Mesa, AZ) and nature is in bloom. As is the missionary work! Thanks for your prayers and everything else. That's all from the other side of the country."
ALL I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO FOR A WEEK NOW IS THINK ABOUT MOTHERS DAY BECAUSE KOLTN GETS TO CALL HOME!! 
We don't get to skype but a phone call will be good enough don't you think? I don't know times yet but i will next week and i will let you know. Had some good lessons and things are progressing. I am doing good. Healthy and back to being hot! AND HUMID!!!! The AC broke in our apartment so it is 84 degrees and 40% humidity. Lets just say we borrowed some fans  One the families i have grown to love are getting ready to move.(THAT MUST BE HARD!) It is sad but as missionary work goes, "We will press on in the work of the lord."  I am so tired lately. Been working my but off.... Well i take that back, I have been working my but on Getting toned hahahaha.
 
Thank you everyone! I love you all! and miss you a lot! No new struggles or big success. Well we did set 2 people for baptism so that's AWESOME! I am trying my best to get more accomplished. Scripture of the week: 

Helaman 5:12 (The Rock Our Redeemer) It made me think of this Easter season!
12And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon thearock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

WOW!  BAPTISMS!  NICE HOW HE SLIPS THOSE 2 BAPTISM SCHEDULES IN THE MIX OF NOTHING NEW....!
I Miss y'all and hope things are going good!  How is work going for everyone and what do you have going new. Can't believe Dan is All done! That's good news! Is that missionary news letter still going around between the friends? How's Bam? I Love you all!

P.S.  I Will Always live in AZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...