Saturday, July 21, 2012

Missionary Mom Surprises Elder! Rogers!


Shout out to Betty Pearson 
for the creating the missionary Mom's groups 
Shout out to Kary Young 
for joining the group that was for her home town in Virginia!
Sunday is Elder Rogers birthday (21) and I wanted to do something special. We chatted and Kary set me up with a list of local restaurant in Richmond that are close her house and to the Mission Office.  I chose a BBQ Place.  I called them and ordered my missionary a wonderful BIG rack of BBQ ribs, BBQ pork, chicken, and brisket, some mac and cheese, potato salad, cole slaw, biscuits, and hush puppies.  (enough food for a feast and a couple of lunches this week) I gave them my credit card info and they made sure the food was ready for someone to pick it up.  Kary went out of her way--picked up the food and took it to the mission home for delivery.  Along with delivering the meal, she stopped by the bakery and picked up beautiful BDay cake!  Thanks so much Kary.....!!! You da bombdiggitiest!  But the best part of all was the text message she sent me telling me the food was delivered which happened to include A COUPLE OF PICTURES of two of the most handsome missionaries in Virginia! Be still my heart! I was smiling though tears! Can't thank you enough Kary! Sure made this mom's dream come true.  Plus, I have you to thank for my missionary having a surprise and a wonderful BDay!  Thats what this group is all about isn't it!   Awesome Awesome Awesome! 
Still getting a little teary eyed seeing these pictures....









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...