Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A TESTIMONY, FASTING, AND PRAYER 1/9/2012

Well the new year is here and it is starting to look up. I have a Testimony of fasting and prayer. They work.... Trust me.... All the things that me and my comp fasted and prayed for happened. And Heavenly Father didn't make us wait a month or a week or even a day. It all happened on Sunday. We had a less active member come to church. We found a new investigator and set him and his friend for baptism! It was amazing. I was blown away to see the blessings and how fast God gave them to us!

   The week went great. We had Zone Leader Council (a meeting in Richmond where pres tells us how we can do better and how we can help the zone). Then we went on an exchange with the assistants to the pres. (we switched companions for 24 hours and learned for each other) Then we held our Chesapeake Zone meeting! ( we teach things to our Zone and set goals and all kinds of stuff). Meeting meeting meeting.... My brain has been on overload but everything went well.

   I am not sure if i told you. But Elder McElhany is in the same District as i am. He is the one who came out the same day as me. And is from Queen Creek. It is cool to see him a lot. I have been so tired from all the running around.  I have driven like 400-500 miles this week! uggg Now it is time to get out and work.

   It has been COLD lately, and it has been warm lately too. Out here is can be 67 one day then 44 the next.... Today it is raining. The weather never ceases to amaze me.

   We set a goal to not eat as much junk food. We had 3 boxes of candy and cookies and fudge and brownies and chips and popcorn and all kinds of other stuff (  ) sitting on our counter from the holidays. We looked at it and then looked at each other  .... Needles to say we are going to try to eat mare healthy. It should be interesting to see how it goes. Because we are on a short budget the cheapest stuff to buy to eat is bad for us. We will have to be creative.

   Hope you all are ok. I bet the kitchen is looking good. I Love y'all and miss ya too.
  Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...