Tuesday, January 17, 2012

BE HUMBLE, DON'T STUMBLE 01/17/2012

Hello to all!   It was freezing the last 2 days. Yesterday it was 44 for the high and 22 for the low! BRRRR But today the high is 68! I don't get it. It is soooo crazy. Hot Cold Rain Snow Sunny Overcast.... You never know out here.
I don't have the heart to tell him the forecast is for colder temps.... But. No snow yet!

   Well the house doesn't look like the house any more. What is this strange place i will be coming home to? I guess that the whole point though. I cant believe the carpet is gone....  That's what the Rogers home was known for! oh well. I really miss doing all of that. Yesterday for p-day i fixed the water cooler we have. You know a water cooler like the ones @ office places. I had to do something with my hands. I had to work on SOMETHING. Took it apart and put it all back together. It worked for a few min. Then sadly another part broke. I guess it will just stay broken forever. Something cool though. Our water cooler isn't a water cooler any more. It is a Gatorade cooler now!!! HA we took Gatorade powder and mix it in the 5 gallon jug. Then put it on top. You know, ever little kids dream: Cool aid in the drinking fountain. But for us it's Gatorade in the water cooler! 
   Awesome. I think it is cool that you had it @ the house. That way it is more personal. I bet it was great. That is a really cool experience to have in the new "Smith Home" Bummed i missed it. But not bummed i am not home. Glad to be out here and working.
   Elder Dransfield is great. We are totally different but because we have the same purpose we work really well together. We are the "Fix-It" missionaries. He fixes all the computer stuff and i do the stuff like cars or home improvements. It has really helped us gain some trust with the ward. The ward is so awesome! They would do anything for us. The want to do whatever it takes to help the work move forward.
   We are restricted with miles not gas. We can go 2,100 miles a month. Seems like a lot but you have to take in account that we drive all day. Because the church is smaller out here our areas are HUGE! I measured it out yesterday. Our stake is 138 miles from top to bottom and about 90 miles across.... I think our stake back home would fit into one of the wards out here. A trip to the bottom area is 180 miles round trip. And the trip to Richmond is 260 miles round trip.... Our miles go fast. And no we hardly get on the bikes. 2 or 3 days out of the month.
   As for eating. We are just trying to eat better. But that is hard on the time schedule we have. I am trying to make stuff and put it in the fridge on freezer so i can grab it quickly when the time comes. All my other areas we have had Lunch but now it is more like we have 20 min to get a bite to eat, grab our gear, go to the bathroom, and hit the road. In the scriptures Christ take the Apostles to a Desert Place to rest because they didn't even have time to eat. It was the new Testament style of P-Day! HAHAHA Ha I cherish P-Day a lot more now. Mark 6:30-32
   Well things are going good. Still trying to make up for all the time we lost over the holidays. Luke 9:36 I feel like it is time to make up for the down slope of missionary work over the holidays. STUDY LESSON LESSON TRACK TEACH LESSON SLEEP Rinse and repeat!  
   Love Y'all    and i miss you a bunch. Keep on keeping on.   P.S. this old guy we are teaching gave me the best saying... " Be humble, Don't stumble"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...