Monday, May 7, 2012

WHAT A WEEK!!!


OH that I had been  A FLY ON THE WALL!!

What a week! I cant't believe it. We had Elder Russel M. Nelson of the quorum of the 12 Apostles with us this week. We had all 216+ missionaries in one chapel for the first time in over 2 years. (We usually have 2 mission conferences because it is so hard to get everyone together.) It was so amazing we had: President Perry (Mission President) President Mullins (Richmond Stake Pres) Elder Lancing (Area 70) Elder J.E.Jensen (Pres. of the 70) Elder Russel M. Nelson (Quorum of the 12 apostles) We had almost every position the organization of The Church. We got to here from each one of them! It was AWESOME!!!!!! Elder J.E. Jensen asked me to be his scribe on the white board (glad i have been working on my penmanship)
 Elder Russel M. Nelson
Elder J. E. Jensen
President and Sister Perry

I shook hands with each of them. What an Honor. My companion was the 2nd to last and I was the last to shake hands. And he said, "Thanks for helping with everything." Can I say, to look into the eyes of one of the senior members of the quorum of the 12 had me awestruck. He had us sit front and center so we could run and get stuff for him.

   It is a moment I will never forget. What a blessing to be called as an assistant at this time. At the end he said. "I wouldn't want to leave this great meeting without giving an Apostolic Blessing." Then he pronounced a blessing upon all of us and the Virginia Richmond Mission. WOW... The spirit was so strong. I testify that he is a servant of God and that he and the other Apostles are called by God to hold the Keys to His Kingdom. Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. 


I wish you could have been at the meeting. I know without a doubt that his is God's Church and that his Priesthood has been restored in these latter days. It is a testimony of God's love for us. I can Testify that he does and that Jesus is the Christ.

   Other than that... Everything else is small news but I am good. Happy! ELATED!  God Loves you. And so do I. 
   The Dance Festival looked awesome. I know a few people in the pictures. You did a good Job!

We will be calling from the mission office at 5:00 PM Virginia Time. No Skype. Talk to you soon!!!
  I know Jordan comes home in no time. I was blown away thinking about it too. Can you get me Rosson's Address and email???
-- 
Be Humble Don't Stumble,
         Elder Rogers

P.S. Loved the Post Cards. All the AZ Missionaries are jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...