Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The everyday life of an AP!

Hello Family!
Transfer Week... That means CRAZY WEEK! A lot to do in a little time. we are a little behind schedule this time too. We have been getting the whole office working together. Things were getting lost from one branch of the office to another. So we worked really hard and have been up really late getting everything running "Real Nice"  The office staff is amazing. They work so hard to get stuff done and make things happen. Without them the mission would implode!
   Tonight. We have to send out report to Salt Lake and get all the Travel Plans made and emailed out to all the zone leaders so they can make sure all the missionaries make it to transfers. Also i have to email y'all and say hello (:
   TUES: The departing missionaries (18 of them) are taking off tomorrow as well as 4 missionaries that have been waiting for their visa's. The Visa waiters are all packed up and ready to go so they can ship out to Bulgaria! We gotta go buy lunch and have everything set up at the mission home so things move like clockwork. We will be running back and forth to get them all to the flights at the right times. Weigh baggage, check bags, pass out tickets, and take pictures. We will  have a departing missionary testimony meeting before they take off.
   WED: New trainers come to the office to learn the ropes and we will train them on how to be Trainers. (We call it the "Train the Trainers Meeting" go figure) That's first thing in the morning then we will set everything up so we will be ready for the new missionaries coming in. We pick them up at 5 or so and spend the rest of the night with them at the mission home. We give them a "Geography Lesson" of the mission and describe all the areas. Then after dinner and interviews with Pres. Perry we will send them to be and then rush off to the mission office to assign them a trainer. LATE NIGHT!
   THURS: wake up EARLY and set up the nearby chapel for the "Transfer Meeting" Have things set up and ready to go. Have a meeting with the New missionaries by ourselves while Pres. talks to the trainers again. Actual meeting starts and missionaries meet their trainers and find out where they are serving. Meeting ends and All the luggage is packed and truck is loaded for us to hit the road loaded down with bags, bikes, and missionaries. Take off by 11:00 (if we don't start by then the whole day is off and everyone gets messed up) drive down to Newport News for the first stop dump off the ones that need to be and pick up a few more. Then we are off again. Down to VA Beach for the second stop. Repeat the same process. Then it is back up to Newport News for the third stop. Repeat the loading and unloading. Then off to beat the traffic in the tunnel and rush back to Richmond for our final stop. Unload everyone and unhook the trailer. Eat lunch somewhere along the way. (this little paragraph doesn't give the day justice) 
   Those are the most important days of the week. Then we have to Cram all our normal stuff into the remaining days.
   Wow can't believe it. I loved that reunion. Sounds like it was a blast. It is good to see the family having fun. How was the overall reunion? To be honest i don't remember Samantha  Spilsbury that well. If i saw a picture it would help. I sure do miss getting together with all the Family.
   The Humidity Hit.... Summer is gearing up and things are hot and wet. Glad i have a nice truck. I am super spoiled this summer.... But then again getting the truck means getting to move all kinds of stuff and around the mission in the heat.
   We got to have dinner at Bishop's house tonight. It was nice to be able to sit down with him and his family.
   Well hope y'all remember i love you and miss you. 
   Stay cool in all of the summer heat!!!-- 
Be Humble Don't Stumble,         Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...